Countless good fishing lakes waiting for you.
The high season for freshwater fishing starts in May and lasts until the end of the summer. It is possible to buy a fishing licenses for most lakes in Nesbyen.
Fishing map Nesbyen
The map below is designed by the Nesbyen Tourist Office and show the different zones with individual licenses (fiskekort). The map is intended as a rough guide on where the different zone boundaries go and where you get a fishing license. Errors may occur, always double check against you fishing license. If you find any errors in the map, we appreciate you contacting us.
By clicking on the image below you can download and print the map yourself (A3 format). You can also get the map in paper at Nesbyen Tourist Office.
You need a fishing license (“fiskekort” in Norwegian) to go freshwater fishing in lakes, rivers, and streams in Norway. Fishing licences are valid in specific areas and for specific time periods only, so be sure that you know where you’re going before you buy a licence.
Fishing period: Varies from zone to zone. See the fishing map.
1. Everyone who wants to fish must have a valid fishing license for the area they are fishing in.
2. Children under 16 can fish for free in the zones.
3. Rod fishing, with only 1 rod per person, is allowed.
4. Live bait is illegal (except worm and maggot). Use of earlobes is strictly prohibited.
5. Show consideration for other fishermen and nature. Do not light a bonfire in the forest, clean up after you along the water and remember dog leashes.
Trout, Rye (Salvelinus alpinus), Perch (Perca fluvian tillis), Sick and Eucalyptus.